Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Cleaning Coconut

  1. #1
    Inactive Member AmyL4408's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2003
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    My daughters coconut is no longer white or soft.

    Any ideas on how to get him clean again?

    Thanks,
    Amy

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Coconut is "hard" inside--I think maybe resin or plaster. I think putting her in the wash could break the washing machine. I would think only surface washing would be recommended (not immersing) since we don't know for sure what's in the core. Have you tried contacting American Girl about it? Since the fur might be attached with glue (some glues separate if wet), I would really recommend getting an official word on how to clean Coconut.

    My Coconut has always been offwhite and a little grungy looking, but I have the older version (without the magnet), so I don't know how different they are now.

    Sometimes stuffed animals look better just by brushing them, going in the opposite direction of the nap. But remember to use a brush untouched by human hair.

    <font color="#020176" size="1">[ November 15, 2003 03:05 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member NurseSarahRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2003
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OOps! Sorry, I didn't know Coconut was hard bodied! [img]redface.gif[/img] I thought he was just stuffed [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member NurseSarahRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2003
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't have him, but could he be put in the washing machine on a very gentle cycle? Or can he not be dryed?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •